I am incredibly honored to announce I will be hosting Meg Bitton & Pebbles and Polka Dots Photography for the FIRST stop of their 2014Souls.Imagined Newborn Photography Workshop! They kickoff of their USA Tour at my home studio in Lake Wylie, South Carolina (located just outside Charlotte, North Carolina) on June 17-19, 2014.
“Meg Bitton, Souls.Imagined and Pebbles and Polka Dots Photography have teamed up AGAIN to bring you 3 different retreat workshops in 2014 that will change your photography forever. At these workshops, we will be setting up scenes NEVER seen before with props exclusive to this workshop. All newborn props and model clothing will be one of a kind.
Meg and Mary are so excited to release the details on these amazing retreats celebrating the art of capturing the soul from where it begins to where it flourishes. Join us for these events as we explore maternity, newborn and child photography under the halo of forest trees, and learn how to capture your newborn in the studio with lights to get that natural organic look.
Are you struggling with posing your pregnant client and creating comfort so she’ll reveal bare skin? This retreat will help you create an artistic photo of that Mama and not just take a photo of her belly. Feel confident before the session even starts after learning what I have to deliver. Get comfortable with shooting a newborn in studio, and learn Mary’s workflow to capture every pose in under 2 hours with ease. Watch our workflow as we go from shot to shot with the newborn and his/her parents. Walk with us as we explore the grounds and how we choose where to shoot and which props to use. Watch our soothing techniques, and how to get the newborn session completed smoothly. No more struggles with lighting and where to place it to find that wow effect. Do you wish you could get those gorgeous glowing photos, silhouette shots, and flowing fabric shots and not sure where to start? Wish you could try new angles and techniques? This is the workshop for you!!!
Be confident in offering maternity, newborn, and child sessions. Book more newborns by getting your name out there with the expectant Mamas in your area. Increase your income by offering gorgeous Maternity packages to your Newborn sessions! And ultimately book way more newborns when future clients see how amazing your outdoor newborn photos are.
Carry all that into your childrens sessions as well. Learn from the most beautiful child photographer there is, Meg Bitton. Capture your clients in their essence of themselves. Get away from all that posing and smiling at the camera. Let the children dance, play and run free and learn how to get the portraits that make your clients squeal with delight and want to order prints as large as the come.
We have set 4 locations in 2014, 3 day retreats, you choose which location is best for you:
February 7th-9th 2014 New Date! June 17-19th 2014 – Lake Wylie, South Carolina
May 9th-11th 2014- Minneapolis, Minnesota
September 19th-21st 2014- Nashville, Tennessee
November 14th-16th 2014 – Worcester, Massachusetts
Tuition : $4000
There is a $1000 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot, the remainder will be due 8 weeks before your scheduled workshop date
Class Length : 3 day, 2 night retreat
Class Size : up to 12 attendees
Local airport and hotel information will be given to you once you sign up for the workshop location of your choice.
What the workshop will cover:
• Prepping your Mama-to be, Newborn, Child and parents ahead of time for their session
• What to have them wear, what you should supply for the session and have in your own bag on location
• Posing that gorgeous Mama, expecting couples, Newborn family, Newborn alone, Children, and children with parents. Using your camera as the frame
• Lighting, and manipulating studio lights to look like natural light outdoors
• Using your enviornment outdoors and illuminating that Mama-to-be, and posing that Newborn in props, capturing him/her and children in nature
• Get that Mama to feel comfortable in her own skin
• Learn how to work closely with your clients to wardrobe children to produce timeless images
• White balance in camera, nailing that shot
• Learn Meg’s shooting formula that enables you to produce a full gallery of unique images even with the most difficult child
• Angles, lighting, and composition of your photo to bring that Mama to shine
• Prep for your sessions. Props for the Mama-to-be and also the Newborn, newborn soothing techniques
• Getting the children to be natural in front of the camera. Shooting from your soul
• Composite shots with a newborn, and how to get those hammock and hanging shots with keeping baby 100% safe, newborn posing and workflow
• Learn unique shooting tricks to help you achieve the storytelling images you strive for
• Post processing your images into art
3pm – Meet and greet with Mary and Meg, session prep, camera settings and what gear to be using when
4pm – Head out into the wild to shoot a Maternity session like never before
7pm – Dinner with Mary and Meg
10am – 3pm – Shoot 2 full newborn session with Mary in studio with studio lighting. Cover custom white balance,
Lunch will be served
3pm – 5:30pm – child session in the woods surrounded by fall leaves
5:30pm – 8:30pm A sit down reserved private dinner with Mary and Meg and questions and answers
9am-12:30pm Full Post processing and Editing with Mary, and Meg Bitton. Learn how they both achieve their own looks. We will also cover Marketing and getting your business to where you would like it to be.
Please email Mary or Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org to grab a retreat seat to one of the 4 US locations for 2014.
Do it for yourself, do it for your business. Do it for your soul. xo”
Beth Wade Photography is located outside Charlotte, NC in Lake Wylie, SC. Beth Wade is Charlotte’s premier newborn photographer specializing in artistic custom family photography. As a professional photographer, Beth captures maternity, newborn, baby and family portraits in Charlotte, North Carolina, Lake Wylie-Fort Mill-Tega Cay, South Carolina and all surrounding areas.